Monday, January 30, 2017

Books 3 & 4


Yesterday I put 2 books on my Empty Shelf!
The 3rd book to go on my shelf this year is "The Skinnytaste Cookbook" by Gina Homolka. Have you ever read a cookbook from cover to cover? I love reading cookbooks! I get so many ideas of what foods go together, and different ways to prepare foods. I also keep a note pad close by to jot down the name and page number of recipes I would like to try. Eventually I would like to make up an index of all the recipes that sound good from my cookbooks. That way I won't have to flip through each book searching for the right meal, it will all be in one place :) This cookbook has many good recipes, and has nutrition facts for each recipe at the bottom of the page. My only complaint would be that she does not believe in artificial sweeteners, and they are necessary for us right now. But I can easily swap out for most recipes, and skip those that I cannot. Gina Homolka has a very upbeat way of writing, and reading this cookbook was enjoyable!

The 4th book to go on my Empty Shelf yesterday was "Talking As Fast As I Can" by Lauren Graham. This was such a fun read! I felt like I had found a writing buddy in this book, she too is a huge fan of the exclamation point and of going off on rabbit trails :) I loved getting a behind the scenes look at my favorite TV show! This book is written like you are sitting having coffee with Lauren Graham hearing all about her life! All Gilmore Girls fans should read this book :)

So, tell me, (sips hot tea) what have you been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment