Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Tribute to Sal's Pizza

This morning I found out that Sal's Pizza had a fire on Sunday!



They shouldn't be closed long, but the news made me think of everything this restaurant means to me :)
Hubby grew up eating at Sal's, he remembers being welcomed into the kitchen as a small child to pick out the ingredients for his own pizza.
Sal, the owner, moved to New York from Italy to start a pizza restaurant, and from there came to Texas. We are very happy this is where he chose to make his wonderful pizza!
Hubby introduced me to Sal's, and took me there on many dates before he was my Hubby. The night he proposed we went there afterward for dinner :) We also had our rehearsal dinner there, sharing our favorite pizza with our closest friends and family. Sal was there that night making sure everything was perfect for us the night before our wedding!
Since then we have gone many times, sometimes just us, sometimes sharing with friends. Good pizza and good people!
If you are in the area, I would definitely recommend the good pizza and good people at Sal's (after they open back up of course)! I know Hubby & I will be there reopening day!

*Sal's did not ask me to write this blog, I just really love that place & wanted to share with you!

Do you have any restaurant that you love? A place that holds great memories? Share with us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment