Monday, March 11, 2013

Shepherd's Pie

I was not planning on blogging about this, I was just throwing together dinner. It ended up being so very good that I wanted to share it with you. However, since it was not planned, I did not take pics or use measurements :) I was just using what I had in the pantry & ended up with a delicious meal!
I want to learn to write legible recipes since I love to cook so much. So far my attempt at writing recipes have always sounded rambling to me. So please forgive me if this is not as easily understood as I intend.
I do highly reccommend this dish though, both Hubby & I were very satisfied :)

Shepherd's Pie
2 lb ground turkey
Garlic salt to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Celery salt to taste
Parsley to taste
Black pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
Onion flakes to taste
1 pkt onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2-3 lbs red potatoes
I stick butter
Salt to taste
1/4 cup milk
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar
1 bag frozen corn
1 bag frozen peas
1 bag frozen green beans

Preheat oven to 350. Boil water and slice up potatoes. Once water is boiling put potatoes in pot & cook until tender. Then drain potatoes and add a stick of butter, milk, and salt & pepper to taste. Blend potatoes until desired consistency. Mix in half the cheese & set to the side.
Brown ground turkey adding to taste garlic salt, garlic powder, celery salt, parsley, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and onion flakes. Once browned add onion soup mix & cream of mushroom soup & stir to combine.
Microwave corn, green beans, & peas & mix together. Combine meat mixture with veggie mixture. Pour meat & veggies in a baking dish & top with potatoes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top & bake for 20 mins. Enjoy!

Please let me know what you think! Thank you for putting up with my learning to write recipes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment