Friday, May 6, 2016

Bible Journaling

I recently started a journaling Bible. The best description I have heard for Bible journaling is we are creatively representing scripture :) So I wanted to share it with my creative readers who may see this as a creative outlet to worship!
You can check out Illustrated Faith if you want to learn more, and I also follow a couple Facebook groups dedicated to lifting each other up and sharing our pages as inspiration. Search Bible Journaling and DFW Bible Journaling if you are interested :)
The first page I journaled was for our Baby. Hubby traced my tattoo onto freezer paper, and then I  traced it onto the page.
I decided to get a Bible specifically for journaling with wide margins, but I have seen plenty of people use their every day Bible. It's completely up to you how you want to express your creativity to God.
I wanted to show you what supplies I used, from top to bottom:
Tombow calligraphy pen (made in Japan, ordered from Amazon) left a little shadowing on the back but no bleed through
Sakura Pigma Micron 03 almost no shadowing and no bleed through
Sharpie ultra fine tip completely bled through
A la Mode by Hampton Art Black ink pad no shadow & no bleed through.
This is my permissions page. Basically a reminder that this Bible is for worship and if it gets messy that is ok!
Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope.
I chose these 3 words to put on the sides of my Bible based on Romans 15:4.
My Papa went to Heaven on April 1st. His favorite passage was Psalms 91. The last verse of Psalms 91 says, "With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation." That is a very fitting verse for my Papa! He was a Pentecostal preacher, and raised multiple generations in church! He also loved to garden, at the bottom I put his 2 favorites onions and tomatoes :) He also raised chickens, and loved to tell corny jokes! I may add one of his jokes to the page ;)
This has not been an easy year, but God is holding us through it! I am very glad to have been introduced to Bible journaling! It has been a very unique way to express my love, worship, and even grief.
Let me know if you are into journaling, or if you decide to give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment