Thursday, February 10, 2011

National Snack Food Month

Well I know it's the middle of Feb, but I just found out that it is National Snack Food Month! So everyday for the rest of Feb I will be giving you a new snack food idea. So our 1st snack food idea will be chips & guacamole. Here is my personal recipe for guacamole which I have spoiled my husband with & now he says no other guacamole is as good.

Krystle's Guacamole
3 med sized avocados
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 lg jalapeño, seeded & diced
1/8 cup fresh cilantro, torn
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp lime juice
3 tsp orange juice
salt to taste

Peel & pit the avocados, & smash in a bowl with a fork. Mix in the lime juice, orange juice, & salt. Next mix in the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, & tomato. Taste & add more salt or lime juice if needed. If you do not like your guacamole to spicy, try half a jalapeño at first & add more if desired. I enjoy this guacamole with Tostitos hint of lime chips, but it will be great with any of your favorite tortilla chips.

Enjoy your snack food this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment