Friday, June 22, 2012

We Are Blessed!

Hubby & I bought a foreclosure, which means we bought a project :) from the very beginning we made a list of things that needed to get done in order of importance. We have been so blessed with family and friends helping us out that some of the less important things will be able to get done soon instead of later down the road :)
I just wanted to take a minute to thank some people.
First off all the people who helped us move! We would have been moving for weeks without you :)
Patrick's mommy gave us the ability to fix our roof, get a water heater, get pretty paint, and have double paned windows installed! Without her help our renovations would have spanned months. She is also letting us stay with her while we get some of these renovations done.
The day we moved in my adopted parents, the Kenny's, decided they wanted to renovate our shower. They have been up here almost every night since we moved our stuff in, tearing stuff up & rebuilding. Now Cathy is tiling the shower & then we will be able to officially move in & shower in our own place! This was a huge project that we knew had to get done before we could move in & they have been such a blessing doing it so that we could focus on other tasks.
Patrick's daddy hired an ac guy to install a brand new ac unit in our home, it is a beast :) He also helped Patrick install the new water heater.
My brother fixed our Internet (since he works for the company, it's nice to know people lol) and he is helping Hubby run cat-5 through the whole house.
My mommy & sister helped me paint the kitchen cabinets a beautiful shade of green (even though they don't find it as beautiful as I do lol) & they both have been trying to make sure I stay hydrated :)
My dad came over on Fathers day and started fixing some of our electrical problems. He & my brother made a list of electrical things he is going to fix.
We are so blessed with wonderful people in our lives! It would have taken us months to get our home ready to move into, but with help it will only be weeks :) Thank you all soooooo much! I can't wait to have you all over for a homecooked meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment