Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spice Rubbed Chicken Fingers with Cilantro Dipping Sauce

Last night for dinner I made my take on the South Beach Diet Spice Rubbed Chicken Fingers with Cilantro Dipping Sauce. You can find their exact recipe in The South Beach Diet Cookbook on page 212. Hubby & I like lots of seasonings so this was my way of making it :)
These can be grilled, I would typically use my George Foreman to cook them, or as I did this time, you can put them under the broiler. So preheat your preferred method of cooking :) I had 3 chicken breasts, so I cut them into tenders (I'm not a butcher, please excuse the lack of uniformity), then I seasoned both sides with garlic powder, ground cumin, Cajun seasoning, chili powder, and garlic salt. I let them sit soaking up the seasonings while I made the sauce.
Into the Magic Bullet (or food processor or blender, whatever you have to work with) I put 1/2 cup fresh parsley, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup slivered almonds, 1 serrano pepper seeded, and several sprinklings of salt. I pulsed this until everything was chopped. Then I added 2 Tbsp lime juice & 2 Tbsp canola oil (I would typically use olive oil, but it is on the grocery list). Pulse several more times. Then I scooped it all into a bowl & stirred in 2 Tbsp water. Put the sauce in the fridge to meld.
Then I put the tenders under the broiler for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until the thickest piece can be cut & is white all the way through.
Serve with the sauce on the side. We had ours with a side of broccoli for a very yummy Phase 1 dinner. This recipe as I made it will feed 3 people, which means I got to have it again for lunch today :)
Let me know if you try this recipe out & what you think! We really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment