Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Phase

A week ago today Hubby and I ended a very important phase in our lives to begin a new one. It was our last night at the church I have gone to since I was 7. This transition has been very difficult for both of us. It had been something we had been praying about for months. We definitely feel that God called us to the church we will now be attending, but that doesn't mean it was an easy decision. I've just been thinking about everything in my life that happened there... I asked Jesus into my heart in Children's Church, I was baptized, I invited Patrick to come to church with me in the 9th grade & he came & was saved, we were married there! And so many other little things! They have been my church family for most of my life. I know I will keep in touch with my friends and family, but wow so much change!
I've been wanting to write about this for sometime, to get it all out, to share what I'm feeling...but I didn't want to say anything until we knew for sure...and now I just don't know what to say. How do you express everything a church means to you in a few sentences?! Suffice it to say that without my church of the last 20 years I would not be who I am.

2 comments:

  1. We will miss you terribly! It is so strange to not see you every Sunday and Wednesday... AT LEAST... and not to see you everyday! Our family is better because of your family! We love you and will definitely have to have family dinners every other week if not every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has been very weird... especially not having anywhere to be Wednesday nights! Not to mention that there are no longer any crazy people downstairs from us! ;) We love ya'll too!

      Delete