Thursday, April 24, 2014

Book 13 is finally finished!

My 13th book on my Empty Shelf is "The Great Influenza" by John M. Barry. Well there's a reason they say 13 is an unlucky #, & there's a reason this book took me so long to read. I am normally a fan of nonfiction, I actually had to be conjoled by Hubby to start reading fiction. However, this book was written more like a text book than a story. I learned a lot about the terrible influenza outbreak of 1918-1919, but I was bored to tears. If you are more knowledgeable about medical terms than me, then you will have a better chance of enjoying this book, but if not, then I would say skip it.
I can't wait to start my next book! I'm going to choose something lighthearted after that :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm at 24!, and I've nearly finished that HUGE Mary Poppins.. it's pretty slow going .. only the first book is very interesting, Disney worked magic in creating the movie :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's sad! But yea for Disney magic!!! & yea for 24 books!!!!!

      Delete