Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Book 24

I have "read" my very first audio book (can an audio book go on my Empty Shelf?). I am still on the fence as to weather or not I like this format... I did enjoy experiencing this book alongside Hubby :) It made discussing the book more fun because we were both in the same place (even though he had already listened to it before). However, if I was just sitting there listening my mind would wander, so I started playing solitaire on my phone & that weirdly helped me stay focused. It is also a bonus that we listened to the entire book in 2 days! This weekend we drove to Todd Mission, TX to attend the Texas Renaissance Festival!
We have been to Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie, TX many times, but we had never traveled to attend a Faire before. We had so much fun! So on the way there Hubby decided to take advantage of his captive audience & make me give an audio book a fair chance. It took me a little while to get into the book, but I blame that on the format not the book. I wasn't ready to give up my prejudices against audio books ;) Also it was 5 AM & I had been awake since 3:45! Once I got into the book I did not want to stop, when we got home we still had a little over 2 hours left to listen to. We did not go to bed until we had finished it :)
Boneshaker by Cherie Priest is a Science Fiction Steam-punk novel with Zombies based during the Civil War. Now if that doesn't get your attention I don't know what will! ;) I loved this book, I would like to, at some point, go back & read it because I know I missed stuff in the beginning. I highly recommend this book! Especially if you are into Science Fiction, Steam-Punk or Zombies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment