Monday, February 13, 2017

Books 5 & 6 A Couple More Cookbooks

My 5th & 6th books on my Empty Shelf are both cookbooks :) I'm really trying to build my recipe repertoire!
The 5th book was a birthday gift from Hubby :) Eat Like A Gilmore by Kristi Carlson. This unofficial cookbook for fans of Gilmore Girls is a great read! Before every recipe is a little blurb about what was going on in the show when we saw this dish. While the recipes are made up by the book's author and other contributors, they do seem to be right out of the kitchen of Sookie, or Emily, or Luke :) The only recipe I envisioned differently was Sookie's Muffin Bottom Pudding Pie. This book used a graham cracker crust then the muffin bottoms. I always figured Sookie would have made the muffin bottoms into a crust, no need for bread on top of bread ;) But that's the great thing about recipes, experimentation! One of these days I'll make my vision for Muffin Bottom Pudding Pie!
I believe any fan of the show would enjoy this cookbook! Have a little Stars Hollow with dinner :)

The 6th book on my Empty Shelf I actually started a while ago & Hubby found with a bookmark in it. So I finished it and added it to the shelf :) The Easy Way To Chinese Cooking by Beverly Lee. An Interesting tidbit I learned from this book was that egg drop soup is not something eaten in most Chinese households, but she still included the recipe for us :) I have never been able to pull off good Chinese food, but I'm hoping with the help of this cookbook, maybe I can try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment