Saturday, October 19, 2013

The State Fair of Texas

Today Hubby took me to the Great State Fair of Texas!
We have several traditions to stick to when at the state fair, one of which was to get our pic taken in front of the newly rebuilt Big Tex! It was such a shock when Big Tex burnt down last year, we were very excited they were able to rebuild him before this years fair started!
We also had to get a couple Fletcher's Corndogs! The jalapeƱo cheese ones of course! I crave that Corndog all year long, just waiting for the fair!
Then we went to the bird show, the 25th anniversary of the bird show, & the last year for it to be at the fair! It was a little emotional, so many people have made this show part of their fair experience for so long! But fourtunately they have started a permanent bird show at our Dallas Zoo :)
This guy flew out of the Ferris wheel to catch a leather lure & took it way up there!
Then later in the show Levi the Harris hawk also flew out of the Ferris wheel! Always such a great show!
Hello beautiful birdie!
Thank you for the donation!

Beautiful birds!

And here's my truck! Dodge Ram 3500 longhorn larimie edition :) another of my traditions is to take a pic in the newest edition of my truck! One of these days I will have one! Hubby said so! "When I win the lottery", he promised ;) I'm not worried that we don't actually play the lottery...

Big Tex in butter, I love to see the butter sculptures every year! They amaze me! And this years was extra special with its hat tipped to Big Tex :)

Then we went to the special Big Tex exhibit, where they showed all his changes over the years & had a special video about his rebuilding this year.
Look at the size of those pumpkins! We stopped by the greenhouse as we were leaving & happened to catch the finishing touches of this pumpkin carving :) what a piece of art!
We had an amazing time at the fair today!!! I love living in Dallas where we can enjoy these wonderful Texas traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment