Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Book 4 "One in the Spirit"

The 4th book on my Empty Shelf is "One in the Spirit" by David C. K. Watson. I was excited to read this book from the preface on the very first page! "No one group within the true Church of God has a monopoly of the Spirit's presence. ('One in the Spirit' David C. K. Watson)" I have witnessed first hand people believing only their denomination has the power of the Holy Spirit, it made me very uncomfortable, even though I was a member of this person's denomination at the time. So this book's beginning made me excited to read more!
I quickly found out that this book was not good for my regular bedtime reading! It regularly had me up searching for a pen to underline a point, or had me stopped in my tracks pondering a humbling thought. I felt it was a short, but powerful read!
I don't know if it is still in print being copyrighted in 1973, but if you can get your hands on a copy, I recommend it! I will let you borrow mine if you don't mind my underlining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment