Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

I intended to tell you about the completely made up on my own recipe for black beans that I made for our Christmas dinner this year. My brother & Sister decided that instead of the traditional Christmas meal, we would have Mexican food. It was a very yummy decision! So I made a huge pot of black beans in my crockpot, which were finished cooking around...11 PM... :(
Apparently when you put 2 bags of dried beans in a crockpot it makes the cooking time an eternity! Once they finally finished cooking they were packed up to send home with family & I brought some home to eat with leftovers, but still haven't tried them. I hope they are at least good after waiting that long for them! So my tip to you is to only cook one bag of beans in a crockpot, please learn from my mistake. If you have any tips on cooking beans please leave them in the comments, I always appreciate cooking tips!
So how was your Christmas celebration? Any mishaps in the cooking department?
We had a wonderful Christmas celebration (lack of black beans aside). Isn't it amazing how many simultaneous birthday parties Jesus gets every year! & he is at everyone of them celebrating with us :)
Very soon I will tell you about what Hubby is getting me for Christmas! I am excited & scared, but want to make sure all decisions are made before I start posting :) So come back soon to find out!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Krystle! I've been kind of behind lurking/reading your blog, so I had to comment here! :) Love the tattoo! You are so brave. I also enjoyed reading about "your people" because it's always fun to see who those we meet online share their lives with. As far as the beans go, here's what I've discovered after many a pot of semi-hard beans:
    Rinse & sort the beans, then put them in a large pot and fill it with water until the water is 2 inches above the beans. Heat the pot until it starts to boil, then turn off the heat, pop a lid on it, and soak the beans overnight. That is often called the "quick soak" method. The next day, rinse & drain the beans again. Then, put the beans, liquids, and any seasonings into your crock pot, and cook 8-10 hours on LOW. Two bags of bean will need 12-16 hours to cook.

    Hope it helps!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very helpful! Thanks! However next time I will defiantly stick to one bag of beans...there were sooo many beans! Lol
      Thanks for reading my blog! I truly enjoy yours every time it hits my inbox :)

      Delete