Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Book 12!

The 12th book added to my Empty Shelf is "The Quick and the Dead" by Randy Lee Eickhoff. This is a historical fiction piece based during the Vietnam War. This book made me realize that historical fiction is not my favorite genre. I love reading non-fiction to learn, & I love reading fiction to be entertained, but when reading historical fiction I'm not sure what to retain as fact & what to file away as fiction. Hubby says to just treat it as a fiction book, so that's what I tried to do. The book was very good & has caused me to want to read more about the Vietnam War. So you maybe seeing a book or two about that in the near future :) It is a hard book though, as I would assume all war stories are.
I have a high respect for all our heroes past & present who fight for our country. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment