Friday, July 18, 2014

Book 19!


The 19th book on my Empty Shelf is "The Facebook Effect" by David Kirkpatrick. The cover of this book says "The real story behind The Social Network". I was worried from that headline, that this book would be an argument against the movie, instead of just a standalone book. I have read a book that was written to argue against another book, & that's exactly how it came across, as a bitter argument. 
This book, however, did not suffer from that :) It was a well written account, from the people involved, of how Facebook came into effect, & how it is changing society. I really enjoyed the book & found myself on more than one occasion, bringing it up in conversation. I even mentioned to my mom at one point that I do enjoy reading fiction, but that I find myself discussing nonfiction much more often :)
How about you, do you enjoy fiction or real life better?

No comments:

Post a Comment