Thursday, July 17, 2014

Christmas in July

For my mom's birthday we had a Christmas in July party :)
Hubby was so wonderful & got the tree out in July :) I found glow sticks at the dollar store! I thought they married Christmas & Summer together quite well hanging from the tree!
Can you see my Empty Shelf behind the tree ;)
Graham crackers, Frosting, loads of candy...everything you need for a build your own gingerbread house!
What's a party with out cheeseballs?! I found this recipe on Pinterest for a Peppermint Chocolate Cheeseball. I didn't use sugar free chocolate or sugarfree peppermints though. I was afraid of having that many sugar free items at one time! That's just my little warning for you ;) Also, I covered my finished cheeseball in chocolate chips (obviously) instead of crushed peppermints, because you can never have enough chocolate!
The base for this adorable snowman cheeseball is the same base I used for Luke's baseball cheeseball I made for his baby shower :) But instead of bell pepper tracing the stiches for a baseball, I used black olives to make eyes and a mouth, & a carrot for the nose.
Hubby decided to get creative with the camera :)
Happy birthday Nanny!
 Ghost is always excited when we have little people visit! Then he sleeps really hard after they leave!
 We all made our own gingerbread houses (graham cracker houses?) Luke wanted to help :)
I bought way more candy than we ever needed, but that just leaves more to snack on right?!
Luke & Lanier had a good time playing together :)

Everyone's gingerbread houses turned out so cute, & everyone had a different take on how to put them together! Here is Danier & Cassie's houses :)
This is Sharon's house! By the way did you know they make chocolate graham crackers now?!
Here's my house :)

This is Jamie's house! I love the icicles! 
Here's the birthday girl's house!
and here's the birthday girl's house post-earthquake : /
Happy Birthday Mom!!! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment