Friday, June 28, 2013

Our Engagement Story

With our 6 year anniversary quickly approaching (it's tomorrow!) I thought I would share how Hubby proposed :)
He was taking me out for a fun night to celebrate our 5 year dating anniversary (Aww). We drove into Downtown Dallas, and parked near Reunion Tower. I had never been up in Reunion Tower & we had talked many times about going to check it out. So hand in hand we walked around the hotel to find the elevator to go up to the observation deck. We walked around the observation deck looking at Dallas, and then he stopped me. He pulled out a wooden box & asked me to be his wife (sadly neither of us remember exactly how he proposed, I should have been keeping a blog then!) He opened the box & inside was a beautiful Claddagh ring!
The one thing we do remember is the lady who walked around the corner & said, "You had better tell him yes!" Well as you know, I did :)
We then went back to the car & I spent the next hour or so on the phone. This was long awaited news that needed to be shared! At one point after he had just been watching me on the phone, he realized he should probably at least call his parents, silly boy.
We had our first dinner as an engaged couple that night at Sal's Pizza. And we have been living happily ever after ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment