Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Book 13 - Love & Respect

The 13th book on my Empty Shelf is Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. I was in a young womens small group before I got married, & we studied this book. I have many times credited this book for helping my go into my marriage as a better wife than I might have been. However, I never actually read the entire book! So I knew I needed to rectify that!
This is a really good topic that I would recommend to anyone married or going into marriage soon. I believe this sums up the book very well, "We are not simply about helping you save or improve your marriage. Those can be very important by-products, but the real purpose behind showing love & respect to one another is to glorify God and to obey what He teaches in His Word." (pg 298)

No comments:

Post a Comment